Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

sew 2 large get 4 small HST

So I recently joined a block of the month club on facebook where I learned to make this beautiful block!


Along with learning the pattern for this block I also learned an excellent trick for making HST quickly.

This pattern required 4.5 inch HST.  For this technique, you take two 7-inch squares and sew a 1/4 inch stitch around all four corners.



And after sewing a bunch of 7-inch squares together, you end up with a nice stack of sewed together squares.


Now you cut in half diagonally


then cut each half into half again


Which results with each 7-inch sewn together square as 4 4.5-inch HST!!!



Yes, my mind was blown after learning about this (after a soccer game of all things!)

My world of HST is now changed forever!

Thank you Quilting Bee!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I never knew!! That's totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new technique. Now I just have to iron all 400 HST I cut the other day!

    ReplyDelete