Star Wars is officially finished!
As it turns out, although I was initially on the fence about the x and + blocks, it turns out I really enjoyed making them. The 24-inchers I used here were so much fun I'm contemplating the 6 inch blocks for another project. For Star Wars, I like the look that keeping all the "x" pieces blue gave this quilt, but if I do this block again (& it's a safe bet I'll revisit it!) I'll try a scrappier look.
I pieced the back out of left over Star Wars fabric, mostly because of the look my husband gave me when I realized I didn't have enough of the Death Star battle-scene fabric to back the whole thing. I like the way it turned out though, so it was a happy accident. My son's favorite fabric is actually the blue-print of the machines on the back, & since he's laid claim to this one I'm glad I was able to fit it in somewhere.
I quilted it in a simple diagonal cross-hatch & I used an 80-20 batting. I'm usually a Warm & Natural fan, but I didn't want this one to crinkle up a bunch (no one wants a wrinkly Vader!) It worked out well I think, & my boys have no complaints!
I think my personal favorite part is the pink skull print from Geekly Chic that I snuck in.
I still don't have any good pictures of my rag quilt (it's in use at the moment!), but once I have some I'm sending them on to Lisa for her rag quilt wrap up post.
Have a great weekend & may the force be with you!
Linking up to Finish It Up Friday