Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sewing Sunday

Last week was a big one for finishes, & this week is a big one for beginnings. I found 2 hours together to sew today (unheard of in my house!) & got to start some of my new projects.
I've finally started a giant x+ Star Wars quilt.

The finished blocks are 24 inches. I'm loving the death star peeking out in this one. When I showed it to Lisa, she thought it was a bit busy (totally true), but I figure if I'm making a Star Wars quilt, than darn it-- I'm making a STAR WARS QUILT! Anyways, it's started, for better or worse. (Sorry for the poor picture quality-- my linoleum laundry room isn't ideal, but it's all I had to work with today.)
I started a baby quilt too-- all 2.5 inch squares. I love simple patchwork. It's so peaceful to mindlessly sew straight lines sometimes.
Lisa has been sewing napkins like it's her job (& I think some are headed my way soon!) She'll be back tomorrow with a little tutorial on her napkin making method & since our next joint project is a rag quilt, she'll be posting our fabric requirements then too.
Have a great week! Go visit Miss Luella's for Plum and June's Let's Get Acquainted this week!
Kate

3 comments:

  1. I love the x & + block -- I made a little quilt with giant ones too. Aren't they fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block! I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting through Let's Get Acquainted - I agree that if you're going to make a Star Wars quilt - embrace it! I like the idea of x and + in the same block. Interested to see rag quilt project coming soon!

    ReplyDelete